- Register your Stop and Shop Card!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School is participating in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program. Through March 19, 2015, we can earn CASH through this exciting program each time our families and friends shop at any Stop & Shop store.
You can help! Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus and choose "Register Your Card" from the A+ menu on the left to register your card online. Then, each time you shop at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop Card*, you will earn CASH for our school! You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt and online when you create an account at www.stopandshop.com. Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the Stop & Shop website. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of our school's educational needs!
Taking just a minute of your time to register can make a huge difference to our school. We need your support! Please be sure to register Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School using ID # 10922 at www.stopandshop.com/aplus. Also, don't forget to encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same. It means the world to our school!
- Report from Coach Aucoin: Cross Country 9/10/2014
Congratulations to all our Immaculate Conception runners on a very successful opening to the 2014 cross country season!! We had a large number of new students running in their first cross country race this afternoon. In addition we had a strong core of veteran runners returning for a new season. The results were spectacular!!!
The boys and girls middle school teams were both victorious in their first meet the season! The boys team edge out a strong team from St. Phillips by just two points!!! The girls team ran a very strong race and finished with a very low team score of 16 points!
The boys showed great team running and were led by a strong performance by our veteran runners Steven Walsh, Michael Ferraro and Brian Schattle! Steven finished in fourth place, Michael finished in sixth place and Brian finished in a strong sixth place!!! Sixth grader Johnny DiPalma was our fourth runner and finished in an impressive 9th place!! Keegan Reilly made his debut in cross country competition with an impressive finish in sixteenth place! Constantine Coclin was right behind Keegan to finish in eighteenth place. Cormac Smith was our number seven runner finishing in 25th place and Alex Greim running in his first cross country race finished in 31st place.
The girls race featured a winning performance by Fallon Catauro! Fallon ran a very tactical race and took command of the race with about 600 meters to go! Our number 2, 3 and 4 runners were making their debuts in cross country competition! Carla Macera, Madison D'Ambra, and Hailey Johnston all finished in the top ten the race! Carla finished in an impressive fourth place, Madison finished in fifth place, and Hailey finished in sixth place!! Our veteran runner from last year's team also had a great race and finished in an impressive eight place!!! The top five girls had a time differential of 62 seconds! That is a very good performance for our first week of the season!! Sixth grader Alix Catauro also had an impressive cross country debut!! Alix finished in an impressive 12h place!! Elizabeth O'Hair and Isabelle Zito ran side by side for much of the race and finished within seconds of each other in a respectable 15th and 16th places! Ava Grenier-Riley made her cross country debut and was able to finish the challenging course in 37th place!
The boys and girls 4th and 5th grade runners were just as impressive! It is important to note that this was the first exposure to cross country competition for many of our 4th and 5th grade runners! Due to the large number of runners I am unable to reference all of the 4th and 5th grade runners in this email. Special recognition goes out to the four Immaculate runners who finished amongst the top ten finishers in the 4th and 5th grade race! Carla D'Amico ran a very strong race and was battling for the lead with a runner from St. Pius School over the one mile course. Carla was able to finish strong and secured second place in tonight's competition! Also running well was Anthony Corsinetti! Anthony ran a tactical race and worked his way through the field and finished in an impressive third place! Steven Meloni ran strong and was able to finish in sixth place and Owen Smith rounded out the top ten finishers in the 4th and 5th grade race with a tenth place finish! Owen's time of 8:14 seconds was over one minute faster than his previous best performance on the Roger Williams' Park course from last year!
Tonight's performances provide all of our runners with a base line performance at the Roger William's Park course. Our objective is to build on these performances from week to week and to improve both individually and as a team!! All of our middle school runners improved on last year's opening day performance!! This is a great starting point to our season!! Our goal is to peak for the CAL championships in mid October!!
No one should be discouraged by tonight's performances! I am confident that the enthusiasm and hard work that the runners display in practice will result in significant improvement for all of our runners as the season progresses!
- Grade 3-5 Handbell Chorus Information
The Beginning Chimes (for 3-4 grade) who have not played before) will still meet on Thursdays from 4-5 PM. There is room for about 11-13 children...first come/first served.
The Intermediate Bells (for grades 4-5) will meet on Tuesdays from 4-5 PM. This group is primarily open to students who were part of the Beginning Chimes program last school year.
Both bell choirs rehearse weekly and work toward Christmas Eve 4pm mass and Easter Morning 11:30 mass. In addition, the Intermediate group will be playing for Lessons and Carols this year on November 30 at 5PM along with the high school bell choir.
Parents can e-mail Mr. Terry Lindsay, Director of Music Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the music office at 401-942-1854 ex 229, to register or for further information!
- 09/15/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/15/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/15/14 Basketball Tryouts: Boys Grades 4-6 / 6:00-7:30 PM
- 09/15/14 Basketball Tryouts: Boys Grades 7&8 / 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- 09/15/14 Basketball Tryouts: Boys Grades 7&8 / 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- 09/16/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/16/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45
- 09/16/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH
- 09/16/14 Basketball Tryouts: Girls Grades 4-6 / 6:00-7:30 PM
- 09/16/14 Basketball Tryouts: Girs Grades 7&8 / 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- 09/17/14 Basketball Tryouts: Boys Grades 7&8 / 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- 09/17/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45
- 09/17/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE
- 09/17/14 Basketball Tryouts: Boys Grades 4-6 / 6:00-7:30 PM
- 09/18/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/18/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/18/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/18/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION
- 09/18/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM
- 09/18/14 Basketball Tryouts: Girls Grades 4-6 / 6:00-7:30 PM
- 09/18/14 Basketball Tryouts: Girls Grades 7&8 / 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- 09/19/14 SPIRIT DAY
- 09/19/14 Middle School Dance Party 6:30-9 PM
- 09/22/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/22/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM
- 09/22/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/23/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/23/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45
- 09/23/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH
- 09/24/14 1 PM Dismissal - Extended Care & Bussing Available
- 09/24/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM
- 09/24/14 Middle School Teacher/Parent Open School Night
- 09/25/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/25/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/25/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/25/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION
- 09/25/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM
- 09/26/14 Elementary Family Night
- 09/28/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM)
- 09/28/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON)