“I am thinking of what St. Ignatius told us… He pointed out two criteria on love. The first: love is expressed more clearly in actions than in words. The second: there is greater love in giving than in receiving.” -Pope Francis
Welcome back ICCR students and families! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful April vacation week. We were blessed with beautiful weather and sunshine to enjoy, it is amazing what some Vitamin D does for us! We return to school with a very busy May right around the corner. Please carefully read through our upcoming events:
- Please join me in praying for a safe and exciting trip for our 8th grade students as they prepare to head to Washington, DC on Wednesday! Our 8th grade trip departs Wednesday, April 27th and returns Saturday, April 30th. I’d like to thank Mr. Galligan for all of his hard work and attention to detail in the planning of this meaningful experience for our students.
- Attention 8th grade families: a friendly reminder that students are welcome to come into school late Wednesday to enjoy a nice breakfast/early lunch with you before departing for the trip.
- The following faculty members will be traveling with our students to Washington, DC: Mr. Galligan, Mr. Delfino, Miss McNulty, Mrs. Rogers, Mrs.McPhillips and myself.
- Due to the fact I will be traveling with our students and away from the building, please contact Mrs. Sue McKenna, Academic Dean, at 401.942.7245 x246. Mrs. Guidici and Mrs. Worrall will both be available in the main office. I will return all emails and phone calls upon my return to school Monday, May 2nd.
- Friday is a dress down day for students.
- Ladies’ Night is this Friday! Wishing all of our attendees a fun and exciting night! Special thanks to our Ladies’ Night committee members who have worked doubly hard after being snowed out in February.
Attention Dads!! We need volunteers to help break down from Ladies’ Night. If you are available and willing to help out at the conclusion of the event (9:00pm) please contact me!
- Cranston Child Outreach Program will be conducting screenings May 2nd and 3rd for our early childhood age students (Little Saints and PreK) from 8:15am- 12:00pm in the library. Please speak to your child’s classroom teacher or Mrs. McKenna for more details.
- Wednesday, May 4th is “Wear Your Prayer” day. WEAR YOUR PRAYER DAYis an optional opportunity for students to dress down if they wear a WHITE or Gray t-shirt that has been customized by the student to showcase his/her prayer or intentions. Students can dress down as long as they wear their white or gray prayer t-shirt (can be worn over clothes). We encourage you to make this a project for the whole family by sharing what can be written on the shirt. There is no right way to proclaim your prayer on the t-shirt. You may choose to write a formal prayer, the names of individuals or statements of prayer intentions.
- Thursday, May 5th we have mass at 12 noon for the Crowning of the Blessed Mother.
- Friday, May 6th is Spirit Day. Students are invited to dress in blue, white and yellow/gold to show their school pride.
- Friday, May 6th our Junior Team Drama program presents “Dream Big” at 7:30pm in our school theater.
- Saturday, May 7th is our first ever ICCR Yard Sale!!! Our yard sale will be open from 7:00am-12:00pm. We are still seeking volunteers for this event. Please contact email@example.com to help out. Donated items for our yard sale can be dropped off Friday, May 6th to our school gym beginning at 11:30am until 5:30pm. All unsold items will be donated to Big Sisters of RI.
- Saturday, May 7th “Dream Big” performance is at 6:00pm in our theater.
- Sunday, May 8th there is a children’s mass at 10:30am with a special treat for Mothers Day!
Week of May 9th highlights:
- May 9th - 13th is Teacher Appreciation Week
- Spring Book Fair is May 11th- 13th.
- 8th grade family night is Friday, May 13th.
Thank you for your attention to all of these details. I know you are also very busy in your lives outside of school and appreciate your cooperation!