- Track Message for The Week from Coach Aucoin
Spring has finally arrived! The athletes are enjoying some warmer conditions and we will certainly take advantage of it! This week includes a competition at Curtis Corner Middle School in South Kingstown, The meet is on Wednesday, April 16th and begins @ 3:30 PM. Mr. Cordeiro has approved early dismissal for all students who are participating in the middle school track meet for 2 PM on Wednesday. That will allow enough time for the students to change into their track uniforms and travel to South Kingstown. Parents are asked to report to Mr. Cordeiro's office to facilitate student pick up on Wednesday.
The uniforms have not arrived though I anticipate they will be available for our next scheduled competition in two weeks. As a result, the athletes should wear their gym t shirts and a pair of running shorts (any color). Anyone who already has a uniform from cross country should wear the uniform.
The training schedule for the up coming week is as follows:
Sunday Cranston West Track 1 PM
Meschanicutt Lake 6 PM
Wednesday Curtis Corner Middle School 3:30 PM (competition)
Thursday Meschanicutt Lake 5 PM
Saturday Cranston West Track 1 PM
Please note that I moved the training run at the lake ahead one hour on HolyThursday. I want to avoid any conflicts with church services.
- Congratulations Mark Renzi of 6A!
Mark Renzi of 6A won the New England cup for his age group and 1st place in piano at the New England Music festival.
- Congratulations Duck Stamp Winners!!!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional Schoolproudly recognizes the following students forrecognition inThe Federal Junior Duck Stamp for Rhode IslandKatherine O'Hair -Grade 3- 1st PlaceElizabeth O'Hair-Grade 5- 2nd PlaceHonorable Mention toZachary McGetrick -Grade 7Ava Vieira- Grade 3A big special thank you to Mrs. Sholes for her leadership and coordination in this special opportunity!
- Parent Organization Executive Board Officers for 2
- No School: Holy Thursday, April 17th and Good Fri
- Statewide Transportation
Parents of students from Johnston, Providence and North Providence are eligible to use the statewide transportation system next year (2014-2015) and must request bus transportation through the statewide website at: http://www.ride.ri.gov/Finance/Transportation/default.aspx.
The website will open on April 1, 2014 to take transportation requests for next fall. If parents have problems with the website or do not have access to a computer, please call the statewide office at 401-222-5024.
Request forms submitted on or after August 1, 2014, will receive the closest point of pick up or a depot stop location for a temporary bus stop. For students who receive a temporary stop assignment, a permanent bus stop will be issued after September 17, 2014.
- IC Summer Explore Registration
CATHOLIC REGIONAL SCHOOL
Exciting Programs, Learning Opportunities, and
Mr. Frank Galligan
Summer E.X.P.L.O.R.E. Camp Director
Students and their friends from area schools are once again invited to "E.X.P.L.O.R.E." (Exciting Programs, Learning Opportunities, and Rewarding Experiences) at Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School. For five consecutive weeks, students in three educational learning communities (Primary, Junior, and the Middle School) will experience the freedom to discover and undertake one-of-a-kind programs focused on enhancing confidence, building leadership skills, inspiring creativity, or serving the greater community, just to name a few. Field trips, hands-on workshops, and awesome surprises fill every week and almost every program! Since we want to ensure a top-notch, unbeatable experience for each child, there is a strict limit of 22-25 students per program. Given an overwhelming response to last year and reasonable camp tuition costs, we are expecting spaces to fill up very fast. Discounts are available for those who sign up early before
April 16, 2014!
See the excitement from last year captured in the Summer EXPLORE photo gallery:
- 04/17/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/17/14 Holy Thursday
- 04/17/14 6-8 Band Rehearsal
- 04/17/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night
- 04/17/14 Baseball
- 04/17/14 Soccer Grades 6-8
- 04/18/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/18/14 Good Friday
- 04/19/14 Sacrament of Penance: 3:00-3:25 PM
- 04/19/14 4 PM Parish Mass
- 04/20/14 Easter Sunday
- 04/20/14 8:30 AM Parish Mass
- 04/20/14 10:00 AM Parish Mass
- 04/20/14 11:30 AM Parish Mass
- 04/21/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/22/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/22/14 6-8 Spanish/ELA Academic Department Night
- 04/22/14 1 & 2 Dance Class - 2:45-3:45
- 04/22/14 Intermediate Bells Rehearsal
- 04/23/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/24/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/24/14 6-8 Band Rehearsal
- 04/24/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night
- 04/25/14 NO SCHOOL
- 04/26/14 Sacrament of Penance: 3:00-3:25 PM
- 04/26/14 4 PM Parish Mass
- 04/27/14 8:30 AM Parish Mass
- 04/27/14 10:00 AM Parish Mass
- 04/27/14 11:30 AM Parish Mass
- 04/28/14 Grade 8 Washington DC Parent/Student meeting
- 04/29/14 DRESS DOWN DAY
- 04/29/14 Mrs. McPhillip's Birthday!!!
- 04/29/14 6-8 Spanish/ELA Academic Department Night
- 04/29/14 Baseball
- 04/29/14 Intermediate Bells Rehearsal
- 04/29/14 Soccer Grades 4 & 5
- 05/01/14 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
- 05/01/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night
- 05/01/14 3-5 Stories on Stage
- 05/01/14 Baseball