- Register for the Flu Clinic at ICCRS
Parents can register online at www.thewellcomp.com/school. They do not need to print their form.
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser Order Packets
Parents who wish to defray the Family Tuition Fee cost can participate in the Yankee Candle Fundraiser. Packets go home this week and orders need to be returned by 10/8/2014. Checks may be made payable to: ICCRS.
- Middle School Conferences Sign Up Links
This Wednesday, September 24th is Middle School Open School Night from 4 to 7 PM. This evening is created for those families who might want a brief meeting with a specific teacher. We strongly encourage that your child (the student) is present at the meeting to help him/her take active ownership and participation in this educational partnership. Please note that there is no requirement to sign up for meeting time. There will be other evenings throughout the school year if this night is not convenient for your family.
To sign up for a time, please see click on the links below. You will be required to create a FREE membership using an email address and password; this enables you to return to the SignUp.com later to view what you have signed up for or to make changes.
MATH: Mrs. Wood Conference Sign Up Link:
SOCIAL STUDIES: Mr. Galligan Conference Sign Up Link:
RELIGION: Mr. Habershaw Conference Sign Up Link:
SCIENCE: Mrs. Wiesner Conference Sign Up Link:
ELA: Mrs. Lourenco Conference Sign Up Link:
SPANISH: Mrs. Minervino Conference Sign Up Link:
- ORDER YOUR TICKETS TO THE GALA!!!!
Please join us for a wonderful evening on November 7th for our annual Bids for Kids Gala! This year's theme is from The Great Gatsby. We would love to see you there. Click on this link: iccatholicschool.ejoinme.org/
GatsbyGala2014to purchase tickets.
- X-Country News for the Week
The runners performed very well this morning at the CVS youth races in downtown Providence!! Congratulations to all of our runners for participating and representing Immaculate at today's race. Since we had more than 25 runners participate and finish the races the school will be entered in a drawing for $500 to benefit the school!! Keep your fingers crossed!
Special congratulations to Julia D'Amico for her victory in the 5th grade girls race! Also congratulations to Anthony Corsinetti for earning a trophy for his third place finish in the boys fourth grade race and to Johnny DiPalma for placing fourth or fifth and earning a trophy in the boys' sixth grade race (despite a fall at the starting line!)
This will be a busy week for the Immaculate runners! We have two competitions and two training runs! The schedule will be as follows:
Monday Meschanicut Lake (with hills) 5:30 PM
Wednesday CAL Central Division
Roger Williams Park
Chafee Athletic Complex 5:30 PM (easy distance run)
Ocean State Invitational 3:00 PM
Goddard Park - Warwick RI
Chafee Athletic Complex (Fartlek) 5 PM
A couple of logistical points.. On Wednesday the forecast is calling for a bright sunny afternoon. I would suggest that we use this as an opportunity to arrange for team pictures at the Temple of Music for all of our runners between 4 PM and 4:15 PM! Parents should bring their cameras!! It should be a great photo op!
On Friday, the middle school runners will be participating in the Ocean State Invitational to Goddard Park. I will send more information on this race during the week. There are three separate middle school races. The first race is begins at 3:45 PM for the 7th grade girls. I will be seeking permission from Mr. Cordeiro for an early dismissal for our seventh grade runners at 1:45 PM on Friday. That should provide enough time to change and make your way to Goddard Park prior to the race. The 6th and 8th grade runners can leave school at the normal time.
Please note that we will not hold practice next Saturday. The kids can use the day to recover from the busy week on competitions. We will hold a special fartlek workout at Chafee on Sundayafternoon at a special time of 5 PM.
Also, I am attaching two group photos from this morning! (photos courtesy of Natasha Zito and Gina Marrocco)! Thank you to everyone for helping out this morning! As always, things ran very smoothly!!!
Register your Stop and Shop Card!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School is participating in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program. Through March 19, 2015, we can earn CASH through this exciting program each time our families and friends shop at any Stop & Shop store.
You can help! Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus and choose "Register Your Card" from the A+ menu on the left to register your card online. Then, each time you shop at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop Card*, you will earn CASH for our school! You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt and online when you create an account at www.stopandshop.com. Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the Stop & Shop website. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of our school's educational needs!
Taking just a minute of your time to register can make a huge difference to our school. We need your support! Please be sure to register Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School using ID # 10922 at www.stopandshop.com/aplus. Also, don't forget to encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same. It means the world to our school!
- Grade 3-5 Handbell Chorus Information
The Beginning Chimes (for 3-4 grade) who have not played before) will still meet on Thursdays from 4-5 PM. There is room for about 11-13 children...first come/first served.
The Intermediate Bells (for grades 4-5) will meet on Tuesdays from 4-5 PM. This group is primarily open to students who were part of the Beginning Chimes program last school year.
Both bell choirs rehearse weekly and work toward Christmas Eve 4pm mass and Easter Morning 11:30 mass. In addition, the Intermediate group will be playing for Lessons and Carols this year on November 30 at 5PM along with the high school bell choir.
Parents can e-mail Mr. Terry Lindsay, Director of Music Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the music office at 401-942-1854 ex 229, to register or for further information!upcoming events
- 09/22/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/22/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM
- 09/22/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/23/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/23/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45
- 09/23/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH
- 09/24/14 1 PM Dismissal - Extended Care & Bussing Available
- 09/24/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM
- 09/24/14 Middle School Teacher/Parent Open School Night
- 09/25/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/25/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/25/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/25/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION
- 09/25/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM
- 09/26/14 September Prayer Service: Led by 5B
- 09/26/14 Elementary Family Night
- 09/28/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM)
- 09/28/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON)
- 09/29/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/29/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM
- 09/29/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 09/29/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM)
- 09/30/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 09/30/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45
- 09/30/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH
- 10/01/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45
- 10/01/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM
- 10/01/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE
- 10/02/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45
- 10/02/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 10/02/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 10/02/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION
- 10/02/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM
- 10/03/14 Middle School Family Night
- 10/05/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM)
- 10/05/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON)
- 10/06/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students
- 10/06/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 10/06/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM
- 10/06/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM
- 10/06/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM)
- 10/06/14 Parish: First Communion Parent Meeting 7PM in the Theater
- Grade 3-5 Handbell Chorus Information