- RI Catholic School Parent Federation Announcement
Rhode Island Catholic School Parent Federation
Cordially invites you to attend an
Open forum to discuss expanded
Parental Choice in Education
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
St. Augustine School
635 Mount Pleasant Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
John Schoenig, J.D., M.Ed.
ACE Program, Notre Dame University
John Schoenig earned his degrees from Notre Dame. From 2004 to 2007, John helped lead the Alliance for School Choice, a
national education policy enterprise dedicated to expanding quality educational options for low-income families.
RSVP by October 1 to Sue Geoffrey 401-278-4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Parking in back of school
Like us on FacebookRI Catholic School Parent Federation
- Help make the GALA the best yet!!!
Dear Immaculate Conception Families,
I need your help! This November 7th we will celebrate our school's fifth birthday during our largest school fundraiser. The annual GALA has traditionally helped raise funds to give our students great tools, experiences and resources during a time when much of our budget goes to paying the mortgage for our beautiful school. We know our parents and teachers already sacrifice so very much (it is the hallmark of a Catholic education). Sacrifice for others is the cornerstone of our faith and we know that God blesses our collective sacrifice by blessing our future with great young people.
Our school is a very special place. We are not perfect, but we always want get better and be our best for your children. Our Gala is an opportunity to celebrate the family we are now and the beautiful community we strive to become. Please join me in making this evening a success fitting "the first school opened in our Diocese in more than 40 years." We have so many blessings to celebrate.
Many of our school community members have wonderful connections for fabulous prizes. This helps to make our evening so much more fun and exciting (as well as successful). We would love to have any corporate sponsors who would join us in supporting our event. Here are some special ways you can help:
1).Contribute to "class baskets"- these can be sent directly to the office. There is no need to send in a form with it. Just send the item to the office and they will become part of the class baskets.
2).Consider being an advertiser/sponsor.
3). Send in a donation for the live or silent auction with the enclosed donation form. Perhaps a family business or connection could offer something very special.
4) Finally, Join us for a fabulous evening. We have an 18 piece live "Big Band to start the night and a DJ to help us dance into the night. All registration is to be done on line. Click this link to order your tickets: CLICK TO ORDER TICKETS
I can't thank you enough for your support. I always love this evening and spending time celebrating with our parents, teachers and parish community. It gives me such great joy being principal at our exceptional school!
Being the best place to grow in faith requires that we all share in protecting our values, fostering excellence and being of service to others. Thanks for all you do to make us special.
- Caught Doing Good for September!!!
SEPTEMBER STUDENT WINNERS FOR "CAUGHT DOING GOOD"PK: Chase D'AmbraK: Kingstown Kwong, Samantha Boudjouk
- Parent Organization Newsletter 2014
Parent Organization Newsletter
We'd like to welcome back our returning families, and say hello to all the new families joining our ICCR Community. This newsletter is our new effort to keep all families informed on a monthly basis regarding upcoming events.
In the past, we have found that not many parents have the extra time to go to PTO meetings, so last year the Parents Organization adopted the Committee System. It worked well, and gave many more families the opportunity to get involved. Listed below are the wonderful Chairpeople, and their targeted dates for their events. If you missed the sign up sheets at the BBQ and the Back to School Nights it's not too late to sign up to help, some events just need a person at a sign up table, or to help the kids pick out books, or help serve snacks. There is an opportunity for every one of us to help just a little....Just email your Committee interest to email@example.com and we will forward your request to the Committee Chairs.
Elementary Family Night Tracey Pearson & Heather Daglieri: Friday, September 26 Plan on a fun night at Bounce U in Warwick (Flyer attached, RSVP deadline is TODAY)
Fall Book Fair Tracey Pearson: September 30, October 1 & 2 This Book Fair happens during the school day. The children may purchase books during their assigned library time. All proceeds go directly back to the school and our children's Teachers in the form of Book Credits. Please email PTO if you can help for an hour or so on any of those days.
Middle School Family Night Fran Pingitore & Lynn Walsh: Friday, October 3RSVP due by FRIDAY, September 26 Pasta & Movie Night at the School (Yum, Culinary Affair! & Million Dollar Arm)
Mother/Son Lauren Renza, Daniele Mallari & Katye Gemma Friday, October 17 @ The Crowne Plaza Flyer attached, RSVP deadline October 8
Halloween Event John Missirilis October 24
The Gala Amy Webber & Maria Coclin November 7
Christmas Bazaar Laura Culp & Amy Webber November 22
Santa's Workshop Judi Lambert December 9,10,11
Father/Daughter Stacey Calvino January 23
Teacher Appreciation Catholic Schools Week Heather Daglieri & Leanne Nyahkoon January 27
Ladies Night Susan Sarro & Stephanie Pazienza February 6
Father/Son John Missirilis & Maria Zambarano March
Mother/Daughter Donna Broomfield & Maria Coclin April 11
Spring Book Fair Tracey Pearson May 12, 13, 14
National Teacher Appreciation Day Leanne Nyahkoon & Heather DaglieriMay
Ongoing during the school year Amy Webber will be organizing the classroomBoxtops Collections.Maria Coclin will be signing families up for the Stop & Shop Rewards Program. We have attached the instructions to this email for you to register your Stop and Shop cards if you haven't already done so. Last year, our school received over $1500 from Stop & Shop that helped to pay for items for our students!
As you know, each family is responsible for a $350 Family Tuition Fee per year. PTO schedules fundraisers that will help to defray that cost to you. These are optional for participation. There are two fundraisers that will be rolled out shortly. On September 24th, your child will be coming home with an envelope from Yankee Candle. This fundraiser will be running until October 8th. For each sale that is made, 40% of that total will be applied towards your mandatory $350 fee. Delivery of the candles will be in early November and would make great Christmas gifts!
The second fundraiser to help defray your fee is The Great American Opportunity Booklet, (this Booklet is similar to the Dine Out Books and the Entertainment Books). This provides you with 50% of your sales being applied towards your fundraising fee. We will be running this fundraiser from November 19th through December 2nd. These booklets will be delivered the following week and would also make a great stocking stuffer. Each booklet is $20 and contains hundreds of dollars in savings.
We will be scheduling a third fundraiser for the Spring and will keep you updated as we get closer to that time frame. As always, if you have any questions, please contact PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to address
- ORDER YOUR TICKETS TO THE GALA!!!!
Please join us for a wonderful evening on November 7th for our annual Bids for Kids Gala! This year's theme is from The Great Gatsby. We would love to see you there. Click on this link: iccatholicschool.ejoinme.org/
GatsbyGala2014to purchase tickets.
- Register your Stop and Shop Card!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School is participating in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program. Through March 19, 2015, we can earn CASH through this exciting program each time our families and friends shop at any Stop & Shop store.
You can help! Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus and choose "Register Your Card" from the A+ menu on the left to register your card online. Then, each time you shop at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop Card*, you will earn CASH for our school! You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt and online when you create an account at www.stopandshop.com. Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the Stop & Shop website. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of our school's educational needs!
Taking just a minute of your time to register can make a huge difference to our school. We need your support! Please be sure to register Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School using ID # 10922 at www.stopandshop.com/aplus. Also, don't forget to encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same. It means the world to our school!
- 10/01/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/01/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/01/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 10/02/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/02/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/02/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/02/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 10/02/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tweet
- 10/03/14 Middle School Family Night 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Tweet
- 10/05/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM) 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM Tweet
- 10/05/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 10/06/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/06/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/06/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM 2:45 PM - 4:45 PM
- 10/06/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/06/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM) 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 10/06/14 Parish: First Communion Parent Meeting 7PM in the Theater 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- 10/07/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/07/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/07/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/07/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/08/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/08/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/08/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/08/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/09/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/09/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/09/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/09/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/09/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/09/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 10/10/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/10/14 NO SCHOOL - Faculty Retreat 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/11/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/12/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/13/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/13/14 NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/14/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/14/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/14/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/14/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/15/14 TERRA NOVA TESTING for Catholic School Students 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 10/15/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/15/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/15/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM