- Coach Aucoin Track News!
he Saints track team had quite the afternoon at Curtis Corner Middle School! There was one school record set in the boys 3000 meters, several state qualifying performances by Saint runners and jumpers and multiple personal best performances!! Today's performances reflect the hard work and improvement our athletes have shown in practice and will serve as a performance baseline as the athletes progress through the season!
Leading the way was sixth grader Steven Walsh with a record setting performance in the 3000 meters!! Steven ran stride for stride with a runner from Curtis Corner and completed the race in a personal best time of 11:52! Steven's time eclipses the previous school record by three seconds! In addition, Steven has qualified to compete in the State Championship meet in the 3000 meters!
In the Turbo Javelin we had three impressive performances. AJ Magno launched the turbo javelin a personal best of 84 feet!! This performance is over twenty feet further than AJ threw the javelin in the first competition! Matt Levin also improved on his initial performance and finished with a personal best throw of 59' 8"! Ben Langlais also had a good day and established a personal best throw of 64 feet!
In the long jump, Mark Renzi showed a significant improvement from two weeks ago! Mark had a personal best jump of 11' 4"! Mark's jump is over 18 inches longer than he jumped in his first competition!
In the sprinting event we had multiple personal best performances. Steven Sardella finished the 100 meters in a personal best time of 16.54 and finished the 200 meters in a personal best time of 33.34! Benjamin Steitz established a personal best time in the 100 meters (17.5) and ran a personal best time in the 400 meters (83). In the 200 meters we had a strong performance by Brian Harrington (31.5). Also, Michael Ferraro and AJ Magno ran a personal best times of 32.17 and 34.5 respectively. Mark Renzi finished the 200 meters with a respectable time of 38.33.
Matthew Lee led the Saints in the 400 meters with a personal best time of 67 seconds! Matt went out super hard and worked his way down the back straight away against a stiff breeze! Matt was able to fight his way to the finish in a very good time! Brian Harrington established a personal best time of 74.88 in his debut in the 400 meters! Constantine Coclin also established a personal best performance in the 400 meters with a time of 75.59. Michael Ferraro showed significant improvement from the first competition and finished in personal best time of 76.15.
The girls also had a great day! Maddison Cocca started the day off by running a personal best time of 16.47 in the 85 meter hurdles! Maddison later returned to the track and finished the 800 meters in a state qualifying time of 2:50! Maddie's time in the 800 meters is 25 seconds faster than the time she posted in the first race of the season! In the long jump, Chiara DiPalma got off a best jump of 13' 8" and Fallon Catauro established a personal best jump of 12' 5 "! Fallon's jump is only one inch shy of the qualifying standard for the State championship meet! Fallon and Chiara also met and exceeded personal best performances in the 400 meters in the 200 meters. Chiara posted a personal best time of 66 seconds in the 400 meters and a blazing personal best time of 28.81 in the 200 meters! Fallon matched her personal best performance in the 400 meters (73 seconds) and set a new personal best performance in the 200 meters in a time of 30.09! Fallon's time in the 200 meters qualifies her to compete in the State championship competition later in May!
Hannah Mellor also had a good afternoon! Hannah ran a personal best time of 31.14 in the 200 meters and 84 seconds in the 400 meters. Isabelle Lucca's strong performances in practice are reflected in today's performances. Isabelle ran a personal best time of 75.87 in the 400 meters and established a personal best time of 32.09 in the 200 meters! `
I am very pleased with the progress each athlete has shown in the past six weeks. The runners are working hard in practice and they are showing remarkable improvement! They have committed themselves to the training curriculum and their performances in competition reflects their commitment to strive for improvement. It is exciting for me to watch the athletes develop and to be a part of this experience!
- Congratulations Duck Stamp Winners!!!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional Schoolproudly recognizes the following students forrecognition inThe Federal Junior Duck Stamp for Rhode IslandKatherine O'Hair -Grade 3- 1st PlaceElizabeth O'Hair-Grade 5- 2nd PlaceHonorable Mention toZachary McGetrick -Grade 7Ava Vieira- Grade 3A big special thank you to Mrs. Sholes for her leadership and coordination in this special opportunity!
- Statewide Transportation
Parents of students from Johnston, Providence and North Providence are eligible to use the statewide transportation system next year (2014-2015) and must request bus transportation through the statewide website at: http://www.ride.ri.gov/Finance/Transportation/default.aspx.
The website will open on April 1, 2014 to take transportation requests for next fall. If parents have problems with the website or do not have access to a computer, please call the statewide office at 401-222-5024.
Request forms submitted on or after August 1, 2014, will receive the closest point of pick up or a depot stop location for a temporary bus stop. For students who receive a temporary stop assignment, a permanent bus stop will be issued after September 17, 2014.
- IC Summer Explore Registration
CATHOLIC REGIONAL SCHOOL
Exciting Programs, Learning Opportunities, and
Mr. Frank Galligan
Summer E.X.P.L.O.R.E. Camp Director
Students and their friends from area schools are once again invited to "E.X.P.L.O.R.E." (Exciting Programs, Learning Opportunities, and Rewarding Experiences) at Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School. For five consecutive weeks, students in three educational learning communities (Primary, Junior, and the Middle School) will experience the freedom to discover and undertake one-of-a-kind programs focused on enhancing confidence, building leadership skills, inspiring creativity, or serving the greater community, just to name a few. Field trips, hands-on workshops, and awesome surprises fill every week and almost every program! Since we want to ensure a top-notch, unbeatable experience for each child, there is a strict limit of 22-25 students per program. Given an overwhelming response to last year and reasonable camp tuition costs, we are expecting spaces to fill up very fast. Discounts are available for those who sign up early before
April 16, 2014!
See the excitement from last year captured in the Summer EXPLORE photo gallery:
- 04/24/14 NO SCHOOL 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Tweet
- 04/24/14 6-8 Band Rehearsal 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 04/24/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 04/25/14 NO SCHOOL 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Tweet
- 04/26/14 Sacrament of Penance: 3:00-3:25 PM 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Tweet
- 04/26/14 4 PM Parish Mass 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tweet
- 04/27/14 8:30 AM Parish Mass 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Tweet
- 04/27/14 10:00 AM Parish Mass 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Tweet
- 04/27/14 11:30 AM Parish Mass 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Tweet
- 04/28/14 Grade 8 Washington DC Parent/Student meeting 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Tweet
- 04/29/14 DRESS DOWN DAY 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 04/29/14 Mrs. McPhillip's Birthday!!! 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 04/29/14 6-8 Spanish/ELA Academic Department Night 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 04/29/14 Baseball 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- 04/29/14 Intermediate Bells Rehearsal 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 04/29/14 Soccer Grades 4 & 5 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/01/14 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/01/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 05/01/14 3-5 Stories on Stage 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM
- 05/01/14 Baseball 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/02/14 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/02/14 Soccer Grades 4 & 5 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/03/14 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/03/14 Sacrament of Penance: 3:00-3:25 PM 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/03/14 First Communion for Our Parish! 10AM and 1PM 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 05/03/14 4 PM Parish Mass 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 05/04/14 8:30 AM Parish Mass 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- 05/04/14 10:00 AM Parish Mass 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- 05/04/14 11:30 AM Parish Mass 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- 05/05/14 Soccer Grades 4 & 5 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/06/14 Spring Scholastic Book Fair 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/06/14 6-8 Spanish/ELA Academic Department Night 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 05/06/14 Baseball 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/06/14 Intermediate Bells Rehearsal 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 05/06/14 Soccer Grades 4 & 5 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/06/14 Soccer Grades 6-8 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- 05/07/14 Spring Scholastic Book Fair 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/08/14 Spring Scholastic Book Fair 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 05/08/14 Grade K, 1 & 2 Field Trip 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- 05/08/14 6-8 Social Studies / Religion Academic Department Night 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 05/08/14 3-5 Stories on Stage 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM
- 05/08/14 Baseball 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- 05/08/14 Soccer Grades 6-8 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM