- Sharing Health Information
Dear IC Parents,
I want to keep you in the loop on information that we have been receiving as we continue to keep our kids healthy during this flu and cold season. I share the information that I have received as a way to keep you "in the loop" on some aspects of the information that we have received. As you know , we are continually working with many partners to monitor and take preventive action in our school community while keeping our kids and teachers safe and healthy. I hope you find this information useful, or at the very least, instructive, in the conversation of health safety in our school and around our community. Mrs. Habershaw and our team will continue to work for your children and we pray for a healthy season for all!
Thank you for all you do. Please reach out if we can do anything to help you.
INFORMATION ON ENTROVIRUS D68 AND EBOLA
As you are likely aware, the United States has been experiencing a nationwide outbreak of enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) associated with severe respiratory illness that has been especially harmful to children. At the same time, you and your communities may also have questions about the Ebola virus. To address both public health concerns, the U.S. Department of Education and our federal health partners have a number of informational resources to share with you.
Below are CDC resources about EV-D68 developed for parents:
· Web Feature, "What Parents Need to Know About Enterovirus D68"
· Drop-in newsletter article (matte article), "Parents: Learn the Facts about Enterovirus D68"
· Fact sheet for parents, "What Parents Need to Know about Enterovirus D68"
Yesterday, the CDC issued a press release sharing news about a new lab test developed by CDC for EV-D68, which will allow more rapid testing of specimens. Because of this new test, confirmed cases of EV-D68 will appear to rise rapidly over the next 7 to 10 days as specimen testing accelerates. However, changes in case counts won't represent a real-time influx of new cases.
Remember, too, as enterovirus season is expected to taper off, flu activity usually begins to increase in October. While there is not a vaccine to prevent illness from enteroviruses, the single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year. Many resources for parents and others can be found on the CDC flu web site. CDC recommends that all children 6 months old or older get a flu vaccine.
Communities may also have questions about what schools can do to keep students and adults safe from the Ebola virus. the CDC is continually updating its information on Ebola, information that can be found here:
Additional materials are:
We sincerely hope that you find these materials beneficial in keeping you aware of information that we receive to prepare and stay safe during these challenging times.
- Help make the GALA the best yet!!!
Dear Immaculate Conception Families,
I need your help! This November 7th we will celebrate our school's fifth birthday during our largest school fundraiser. The annual GALA has traditionally helped raise funds to give our students great tools, experiences and resources during a time when much of our budget goes to paying the mortgage for our beautiful school. We know our parents and teachers already sacrifice so very much (it is the hallmark of a Catholic education). Sacrifice for others is the cornerstone of our faith and we know that God blesses our collective sacrifice by blessing our future with great young people.
Our school is a very special place. We are not perfect, but we always want get better and be our best for your children. Our Gala is an opportunity to celebrate the family we are now and the beautiful community we strive to become. Please join me in making this evening a success fitting "the first school opened in our Diocese in more than 40 years." We have so many blessings to celebrate.
Many of our school community members have wonderful connections for fabulous prizes. This helps to make our evening so much more fun and exciting (as well as successful). We would love to have any corporate sponsors who would join us in supporting our event. Here are some special ways you can help:
1).Contribute to "class baskets"- these can be sent directly to the office. There is no need to send in a form with it. Just send the item to the office and they will become part of the class baskets.
2).Consider being an advertiser/sponsor.
3). Send in a donation for the live or silent auction with the enclosed donation form. Perhaps a family business or connection could offer something very special.
4) Finally, Join us for a fabulous evening. We have an 18 piece live "Big Band to start the night and a DJ to help us dance into the night. All registration is to be done on line. Click this link to order your tickets: CLICK TO ORDER TICKETS
I can't thank you enough for your support. I always love this evening and spending time celebrating with our parents, teachers and parish community. It gives me such great joy being principal at our exceptional school!
Being the best place to grow in faith requires that we all share in protecting our values, fostering excellence and being of service to others. Thanks for all you do to make us special.
- Caught Doing Good for September!!!
SEPTEMBER STUDENT WINNERS FOR "CAUGHT DOING GOOD"PK: Chase D'AmbraK: Kingstown Kwong, Samantha Boudjouk
- ORDER YOUR TICKETS TO THE GALA!!!!
Please join us for a wonderful evening on November 7th for our annual Bids for Kids Gala! This year's theme is from The Great Gatsby. We would love to see you there. Click on this link: iccatholicschool.ejoinme.org/
GatsbyGala2014to purchase tickets.
- Register your Stop and Shop Card!
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School is participating in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program. Through March 19, 2015, we can earn CASH through this exciting program each time our families and friends shop at any Stop & Shop store.
You can help! Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus and choose "Register Your Card" from the A+ menu on the left to register your card online. Then, each time you shop at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop Card*, you will earn CASH for our school! You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt and online when you create an account at www.stopandshop.com. Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the Stop & Shop website. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of our school's educational needs!
Taking just a minute of your time to register can make a huge difference to our school. We need your support! Please be sure to register Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School using ID # 10922 at www.stopandshop.com/aplus. Also, don't forget to encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same. It means the world to our school!
- 10/26/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM) 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM Tweet
- 10/26/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tweet
- 10/26/14 FALL OPEN HOUSE! 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Tweet
- 10/27/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/27/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM 2:45 PM - 4:45 PM Tweet
- 10/27/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/27/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM) 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tweet
- 10/28/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/28/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 10/28/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 10/29/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/29/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/29/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/30/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/30/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/30/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 10/30/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 10/30/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 11/01/14 Drama Family Help Day with Mrs. Peters 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- 11/02/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM) 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM
- 11/02/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 11/03/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/03/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM 2:45 PM - 4:45 PM
- 11/03/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/03/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM) 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 11/04/14 NO SCHOOL - Catholic School Region 4 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 11/05/14 Grades 6-8 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/05/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/05/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: MATH/SCIENCE 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 11/06/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/06/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/06/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 11/06/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 11/06/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM