- Community Service: Project Mustard Seed
Our names are Robbie Smith, Brad Hutchison and Mark Renzi and we in the 7th grade class. We are working on a service project collecting items that will be brought to Nicaragua to help orphaned children who have physical and mental disabilities.
In January, a group of students from Salve Regina University are going on a mission trip to Nicaragua through a Catholic organization called, Mustard Seed Communities. We will accept donations of personal hygiene items to be used by these children such as diapers, wipes and shampoo.
One of the college students going on this mission will come to our school to share her experiences and show how our donated items helped the children.
There will be a collection box in the school foyer from November 17 - 26, 2014 to collect donated items.
Thank you for your consideration.
- Save the Date: Ladies Night
Save the date!!!
"3rd Annual Ladies Night"
(Sponsored by the PTO)
Friday, February 6th, 2015
5:00pm to 9:00pm @ ICCR
An evening of shopping, food and fun! Play bingo to win fantastic prizes - ALL NEW STYLES- COACH®, Vera Bradley bags and Alex & Ani bracelets!!!
*** This is a 21+ event ***
More info to come...
- Coat Drive at Immaculate Conception
2nd Annual Coat Drive
To Benefit the Coalition for the Homeless
Please donate a used clean coat today and help someone keep warm this winter!
Adults and Children's coats are desperately needed!
Drop - off is located in the lobby of Immaculate Conception School.
November 17 - December 1
Gloves and Hats are welcomed too!
100 Coats is the Goal!
Please donate if you can!
Any questions, please email Giana or Lisa Cappelli @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Drive
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional SchoolNOVEMBER FOOD DRIVENovember 10th - 24thto benefitSt. John the Baptist Food Pantry in PawtucketHelp share our blessings with our neighbors and friends during this season of "thanks"This Thanksgiving, contribute to the Immaculate Conception Food Drive to help stock up the food pantry at St. John the Baptist Church in Pawtucket. Every Monday morning a team of volunteers opens the pantry up to support hundreds of local families who are in need of assistance.Donate non-perishable and/or canned items to Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School lobby.Items will be brought to the food pantry on November 24th."Whatever you do for the least among you, you do for me", says the Lord.
- Community Service: Project Sebastian
Dear ICCR families,
My name is Madison Diko and I will be completing a service project from 11/12 to 11/26. The name of my project is Team Sebastian. I will be selling bracelets for $3.00 each to raise awareness for a 4 year old little boy, Sebastian Calado, who was diagnosed with T-Cell Leukemia. He lives in Pawtucket RI with his parents and his two younger brothers, ages 3 and 6 months.
Sebastian used to be a very energetic toddler, but he seemed to be slowing down a little towards the beginning of summer 2014. When his mother found red lumps on his chest and back, she took him to the doctors immediately. His pediatrician explained that they were probably swollen lymph nodes and was placed on antibiotics. Then his mother found another red lump and rushed him to Hasbro Children's Hospital. In July, 2014, Sebastian was diagnosed with T-Cell Leukemia and started radiation and chemotherapy immediately. Sebastian is currently in a two year treatment of chemotherapy which is administered through a port in his chest. Meanwhile, Sebastian's mother and family had to take leaves of absence from both places of employment to be with their sick son. Recently, they have started fundraising efforts to assist in paying the enormous medical bills. I want to make sure that the Calado family knows that we are all helping them fight this terrible disease. I am so proud of Sebastian because he is so brave.
During the next couple of weeks especially, please keep Sebastian and his family in your prayers! We can all support him as a big community! If you are interested in purchasing a bracelet, you may send the money in an envelope marked "Team Sebastian" to the office. Please make sure the child's name and homeroom is clearly written and I will deliver it to their homeroom. I will also be visiting each homeroom with the bracelets for anyone who wants to purchase them that way. In addition, I will also be accepting any get well cards that you would like to make for Sebastian. You can contact me in 7A, Tech Homeroom or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for helping me make Sebastian's life a little brighter!
- Little Saints 3 Year Old Program
Immaculate Conception Catholic Regional School enthusiastically announces the Little Saints school program for three year old learners opening in the fall of 2015. This exciting program invites our youngest friends to grow and learn in our inspiring and academically enriching community of faith. Guided by our mission and rooted in our Catholic identity, the Little Saints school program helps shape young hearts and minds in a safe and loving environment. Little Saints have the opportunity to discover, play and learn while building the academic foundation for success in a state-of-the-art school community.
Twelve Little Saints will be accepted each year to join a skilled and nurturing staff of early childhood professionals. Our little friends will engage in stimulating and exciting learning experiences that will advance them towards success as readers, thinkers, explorers and faith-filled compassionate young people. Guided by the highest standards for early learning and development, the Little Saints integrated curriculum encompasses religion, literacy, language development, social and emotional health support, physical health and motor development, cognitive skills development, science, social studies, mathematics, Spanish language learning and creative arts. The entire program is supported by robust hands-on and technology learning resources to stimulate and engage our youngest learners. Little Saints who graduate from our program will have first opportunity to advance to our Pre-K program and continue on in our rigorous academic elementary and middle school programs.
Fr. Ron and Mr. Cordeiro are excited to announce that Mrs. Annemarie Cronin will be moving from our Pre-K program at the conclusion of this school year to serve as our teacher for the Little Saints program. Mrs. Cronin graduated from Providence College with a degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education and has taught at St. Rocco School, in the Johnston Public Schools, Faith Nursery School and St. Mary School. I am excited that Mrs. Cronin's nurturing spirit, high degree of competence and infectious enthusiasm and faith will serve our community in this special new role. We are grateful that the valuable insight Mrs. Cronin gains as current Immaculate Conception Pre-K Teaching Assistant will prepare her Little Saints well in the coming years.
Families who are interested in this program are invited to apply through our school website or contact Mr. Cordeiro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-942-7245. ext 240. In the coming weeks more information will be released about tuition and program information. Please join us in praying for our newest program and the generation of "Little Saints" who will be welcomed into our school family.
- November Prayer Service
Parents in 4B should mark their calendar for the prayer service on Wednesday, November 26th from 8:30-10 AM. The prayer service takes place in the Gym with the student body. Parents and family of the sponsoring class are invited to St. Joseph's hall for a "pot-luck style" breakfast family gathering to support our young prayer leaders.
- Thanksgiving Event for PK, K, 1 and 2 Parents/Gran
On Tuesday, November 25th, the Primary Team invites parents and grandparents to celebrate Thanksgiving with our youngest friends. A special celebration will take place in the theater at the following times:
Pre-K and K will run from 9 AM to 9:30/9:45 AM
Grades 1 and 2 will run from 10 AM to 10:30/10:45 AM
There are no tickets to this event.
- NOVEMBER EARLY DISMISSAL / NO SCHOOL DAYS
November 4th - Election Day/ Catholic School Region 4 Professional Development Day
November 11th- Veteran's Day
(November 26th 11:30 AM Dismissal - No Extended Care)
November 27th and 28th - Thanksgiving Day and Recess
- Trimester 1 closes on November 26th
Report Cards for grades 1-8 will be emailed to all families on Wednesday, December 3rd and available on Renweb. Honors certificates for middle school students will be passed out on Wednesday, December 3rd. Students in PK and K will receive reports from teacher.
- Catholic High School Placement Test: Sat. December
Catholic High School Placement Test this Saturday, December 6th. Parents of 8th grade students should contact first choice Catholic High Schools to arrange to sit for the placement test on December 6th.
- 11/23/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM) 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM Tweet
- 11/23/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tweet
- 11/24/14 7th Grade Field Trip: FREEDOM TRAIL 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Tweet
- 11/24/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 11/24/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM 2:45 PM - 4:45 PM Tweet
- 11/24/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 11/24/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (4PM-5PM) 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tweet
- 11/25/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 11/25/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Tweet
- 11/25/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM Tweet
- 11/27/14 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Recess 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 11/28/14 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Recess 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 12/01/14 Grades 3-5 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/01/14 Grades 6-8 Drama: 2:45-4:45 PM 2:45 PM - 4:45 PM
- 12/01/14 PK & K Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/02/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/02/14 Grades 1 & 2 Dance: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/02/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: ELA/SPANISH 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 12/03/14 1 PM Dismissal - Extended Care & Bussing Available 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 12/03/14 1 PM Dismissal - Extended Care & Bussing Available 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 12/03/14 Grades 3-5 Drama: 2:45-5:00 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/03/14 Middle School Teacher/Parent Oopen School Night 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- 12/04/14 American Fundrasier Booklet Sales Ends: RETURN ORDERS OR UNUSED BOOK TODAY 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 12/04/14 Band Rehearsal: 2:45-3:45 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/04/14 Grade 1 & 2 Chorus: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/04/14 Grades 3-5 Dance: 2:45-3:45 PM 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
- 12/04/14 6-8 Acdemic Department Night: SOC. STUDIES/RELIGION 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- 12/04/14 Beginning Handbells: 4PM-5PM 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 12/06/14 High School Placement Test for 8th Graders 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 12/07/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (8:45AM-9:45AM) 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM
- 12/07/14 Parish Religious Ed: Grades 1-5 (11AM-NOON) 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM